Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales) take your privacy seriously and in this policy we explain how you personal information in treated.
We may amend this policy from time to time so please check each time you visit the site.
This policy was last updated 15/08/2017.
Collecting personal information
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website. (using cookies)
- Information that you provide to us when registering with our website or placing an order (Such as your name, address and email address and telephone number)
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
Using personal information
Personal information submitted to us through our website may be used in the following ways:
- Internal record keeping.
- Send/Supply goods purchased on the website.
- Send you email notifications about your order.
- For legal reasons such as government returns and where requested to by a authorising body (e.g. the police)
- We will not supply your personal information to any third party for the purpose of marketing.
Disclosing personal information
- We may disclose your personal information to any of our employees or volunteers for the purposes set out in this policy. All of our volunteers have agreed to handle data in accordance with data protection laws.
- We may disclose your personal information:
- If required to do so by law;
- In connection with any legal proceedings;
Retaining personal information
- Personal information that we process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary and will only be held for legal and audit purposes
Security of personal information
- All financial transactions through our website will be protected by encryption technology via Paypal.
- You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
- You are responsible for keeping the password you use for accessing our website confidential.
- We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales), PO Box 57, Newport, NP11 9AE . If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.